Burke Lake trolling for Musky fish but caught a 21" big bass

Burke Lake trolling for Musky fish but caught a 21" big bass Burke lake boating, fishing, hiking and fall foliage watching - 4 in 1 - Life is too short - LOL
Took my big boat old and faithful Wellcarft airslot 165 sport with my Johnson 90 hp to Burke Lake to do 4 things in 1 trip: Boating, Fishing, Hiking and fall foliage Watching. I tilted my Johnson 90 hp v4 up because burke lake is Electric Motor only. So, I put my big Motorguide wireless trolling motor 24 volts and 75 pounds push to work. It is a handheld wireless controlled electric DC motor. No boat ramp launch fee here after October 31. Remember to buy your Virginia fishing license and register your boat with VA boat department. Any motorized boat including kayaks and canoes need to register with VA boating department. So, I brought my powerful wireless 75 pound push 24 volts motorguide with me for this trip. 2 deep cycle marine batteries from Advanced Auto Parts perform beautifully after my Sandy Point State Park fishing trip. I beat them to almost death trolling back to Sandy Point State Park dock because Johnson 90 would not start again. I charged both of them with Sears Die Hard battery and car starter at 10amp power and in deep cycle. Both came alive and fully charged at 13 volts. This trip both batteries started with 13 volts before the trip, after 2+ miles trolling around the Burke Lake I still got 12.53 volts (dual purpose for starting and deep cycle - 31 DM-6) and 12.4 volts (deep cycle - 29HM) left. Nice, I quickly charged my 2 big batteries up when I got home and ready for my next trip. The highlight of our trip, just before we headed back to the dock, we saw fish jumping in the middle of the lake and we quickly moved over and immediately marking 2 big fish in my Raymarine Dragonfly 7" GPS/Fish finder at about 13 feet in 15 feet of water. Water temperature was 60 degrees Fahrenheit or 15 degrees Celsius. We were cruising at 2.1 miles per hour speed. I have 2 rods out trolling for Muskie fish, but caught a humongus 21" large mouth bass instead! Click here to watch the amazing catch video Oh yes, what a day. We got to the lake around 11:15am and finished boating and fishing around 1:30pm and went for hiking around the beautiful Burke lake trail around the lake. People were hiking, biking, fishing from the piers. Only 5 kayakers and 1 Jon boat were out on the lake when we were there. Sun came out to greet us around 11:45am. We toured around the lake and trolled. It was about 2+ miles long and about 1+ hour time for the round trip on the lake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing man-made fish attractor found at Burke Lake using Raymarine Dragonfly 7" GPS and fish finder